Konrad Group is dedicated to solving digital challenges with creative technology. Our employees enjoy an innovative culture that is committed to a work hard, play hard attitude. We strive to provide each of our team members an equal opportunity for growth, great benefits and the opportunity to work on a diverse portfolio of projects and clients.
Konrad Group is looking for an Experience Director to join our New York team. The ideal candidate will be the creative leader on projects and will be responsible for crafting how an individual interacts with a product or service. The Experience Director will work directly with our Engagement Leads, UI and UX Designers, Project Management and Technology teams and have a minimum of 5+ years experience in the field.
- Lead and mentor a team of UI/UX designers on their day-to-day activities across several projects
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team to lead a project throughout its lifecycle
- Understand and solve complex business and functional problems for digital users by designing world-class experiences
- Define information architecture, user experiences, and user interfaces using a human-centric approach to design which includes conducting customer interviews, usability testing, competitive analysis, primary and secondary market research and other requirements gathering activities
- Lead clients through a process of defining personas, customer user journeys, process flows, storyboards, wireframes, high-fidelity designs, and prototypes
- Bringing to the team and projects your expert opinion on best-practise digital UI patterns and trends, and effectively communicating design rationale throughout the project
- Plan and facilitate Design Thinking workshops with clients and target end users
- Manage the design process, drive client and project team decisions, track risks and issues, and collaborate to estimate team resourcing and schedules
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience
- Expert conceptual thinking and creative execution in visual and interaction design
- Strong project and people management skills. A proven track record of functioning as a project leader as well as an individual contributor
- Proficiency with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, InVision, Axure and other emerging design tools
- Expert understanding of designing intuitive wireframes and interfaces for cross-platform devices
- Successfully manage multiple complex projects simultaneously, handle a fast-paced work environment, deadlines, and changing priorities
- Contribute ideas and collaborate with all levels of the team to produce stunning work
Konrad Group is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.
*Please include a link to your online portfolio with the application.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.